Wine and cheese: a classic combination. This sweet yet savory grilled cheese is easy to whip up and enjoy on a beautiful sunny day with a glass of Hallberg Blanc! When autumn comes around, just add a side of hot soup.
1. Spoon some jam over all four slices of bread; make sure to spread it evenly and as close to the edges as you can get without having to worry about it oozing out while cooking.
2. Take the first two slices of the bread and top with sliced brie, then sliced apples.
3. If adding red onion and arugula:
4. Top with the second two slices of bread.
5. In a pan with a lid, melt two tablespoons of butter over medium-low heat.
6. Place the sandwiches in the pan and cover. Allow to cook until golden on the bottom side, 1-3 minutes.
7. When the bottom is golden, add remaining butter and flip the grilled cheese. Cook with the lid on until golden on opposite sides and the cheese has melted, 1-3 minutes.
8. Cut sandwiches in half and serve immediately with lightly chilled glasses of Hallberg Blanc!
* Slicing brie is easiest after it’s spent a little time in the freezer. Not so much that it’s frozen solid, but just enough that a knife blade dipped in hot water goes through it like butter and leaves you with neat, thin slices.
** For jam, we recommend anything from fig to dark berry. Marmalade, even, though that may be better paired with our Ruby Ruby.
*** For apple, we recommend Honeycrisp, Golden Delicious, or Ambrosia.