PAIR WITH: Wesley’s Reserve
These Braised Short Ribs make a great meal and provide a wide range of leftover possibilities, with ingredients from the obvious (short ribs) to the unexpected (raisins).
From the kitchen of: Ambassador of Fun Paige Hansen
You can also find this recipe in Plate of Food by Laura Timbrook and Paige Hansen.
1. Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper and add to a heavy, oven proof pot.
2. Add remaining ingredients, tomato paste last before liquids to just cover the ribs.
3. Cover, cook at 350°F for 2 ½ – 3 hours until tender. Check occasionally to turn the ribs and add more liquid if necessary.
4. Transfer ribs to plate, spoon fat from surface of sauce, and remove herb sprigs.
5. Puree sauce with immersion blender until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Return ribs to pot and simmer over medium heat to rewarm as needed. reduce heat to medium.
7. Serve over mashed potatoes and with a glass of Wesley’s Reserve. Enjoy!
Even better if made a day in advance, then reheated. A large batch makes for great leftovers!