Humboldt Fog, Gravenstein, & Prosciutto Flatbread
PAIR WITH: Don’s Block
Goat cheese, apple, and prosciutto are a classic combination, so here it is Sonoma County style, featuring a local cheese and the Gravenstein apple varietal that Sebastopol is famous for. The Humboldt Fog really makes the Don’s Block sing!
Pairing recommended by our Assistant Winemaker, Keith Hammond.
- 1 piece of flatbread
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 oz Humboldt Fog (or other soft goat cheese), crumbled
- ⅓ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ to 1 Gravenstein apple (or other tart varietal), thinly sliced
- 1½ oz prosciutto, sliced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 small handful fresh arugula
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. If you like your flatbread a little crispier, toast for a few minutes before adding toppings.
2. Drizzle flatbread with olive oil and brush until evenly covered. Then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and Humboldt Fog, and top with slices of Gravenstein apple and prosciutto.
3. Bake for 6 to 12 minutes, or until the mozzarella has fully melted.
4. Once cooked to taste remove from the oven, top with the fresh arugula, and drizzle honey on top. Slice and serve, as either appetizer or entrée, alongside a bottle of Don’s Block!