Lamb Kefta Kabob & Tomato Quinoa Salad
PAIR WITH: Wesley’s Reserve
From the kitchen of: Perkin’s Catering Co.
- Wooden skewers
- 1 lb ground lamb
- Kosher salt
- 3 tbsp (+ extra) parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp (+ extra) dill, chopped
- Pinch allspice
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp onion, minced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper
- Tomato, chopped
- Quinoa, cooked
- Green onion, sliced
- Feta cheese, cubed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Soak 20 skewers in water for 30 minutes.
2. Combine ground lamb with salt, 3 tbsp parsley, 2 tbsp dill, allspice, coriander, garlic, onion, black pepper, and red pepper. Mix thoroughly and form into meatballs.
3. Arrange and shape each meatball onto a skewer and sear over a very hot grill.
4. Make a quick salad of chopped tomato, cooked quinoa, sliced green onion, dill, parsley, and feta cheese, and toss it in lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil.
5. Serve kabobs with a side of quinoa salad, and enjoy!