PAIR WITH: Hallberg Ranch
This hearty, vegetarian snack can be whipped up in a flash! Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or even dinner. Serve with a glass of 2017 Hallberg Ranch!
From the kitchen of: Cowgirl Creamery
1. In a large pan, dry-sauté your mushrooms over medium heat. Turn them frequently to avoid burning, until they are slightly brown.
2. Add the olive oil (or butter). Once the oil begins to sizzle, stir in the garlic, mushrooms, salt, and pepper, then continue to sauté until the mushrooms release all their liquid.
3. Cook off the liquid until the mushrooms are golden brown and slightly crispy at the edges.
4. Add the thyme, red pepper flakes (if using), and lemon juice (or wine) and cook off the liquid again, 1-2 minutes, before taking off the heat.
5. If the mixture seems dry you could drizzle with a little more olive oil. Meanwhile, toast the bread until golden.
6. Spread the Mt. Tam in an even layer over the warm toast, to whatever thickness desired.
7. Spoon the mushrooms over the cheese and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy while hot, along with a glass of Hallberg Ranch!
A drizzle of truffle oil.
A poached egg on top.