1. In a small pot, bring broth to a boil, then move to a back burner and simmer on ultra low.
2. In a medium stock pot, heat the olive oil. Once hot, add shallot and cook till translucent.
3. Add mushrooms and butter and cook till mushrooms soften.
4. Add garlic, salt, pepper and thyme. Cook until the garlic is fragrant.
5. Add rice and toast for 1-2 minutes.
6. Add white wine or lemon juice and cook till moisture is absorbed.
7. Add 1 cup of hot broth from the small pot on the back burner and stir rice frequently until liquid is absorbed.
8. Continue to add ½ cup of broth at a time, stirring till liquid is absorbed before adding more.
9. Once all the broth is used and rice is al dente, stir in the Parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!