Scallion & Cilantro Burgers with Ginger Dipping Sauce
From the kitchen of: Winemaker David Lattin
- 1 lb ground turkey or chicken
- 1 bunch of cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup mirin
- 1 (4”) piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp black pepper, freshly ground
1. Mix ground turkey or chicken with cilantro, sesame oil, soy sauce, egg, salt, and pepper. Form into 3” patties approx. ¾” thick and refrigerate on wax paper.
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, mirin, ginger, coriander, and black pepper. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved, then reduce heat to lowest setting until patties are cooked.
3. Meanwhile, make sure the grill is clean and hot, and pour a glass of Ruby Ruby to sip while you work.
4. Grill until grill marks show on each side (approx. 2-3 minutes). Serve with the warm dipping sauce and enjoy!