Watermelon Feta Salad
PAIR WITH: Hallberg Blanc
This combination of sweet watermelon and salty feta is super refreshing, and the perfect summer side to just about anything else you might put on the table. Add cucumber for a little crunch, avocado for a little creamy, and mint for a little Mediterranean flair!
From the kitchen of: Virtual Wine Concierge Jean Flintsmith
- ¼-⅓ cup salad dressing, anything lightly sweet or fruity or tangy, to taste*
- 5 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1-2 cup feta, crumbled, to taste
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced and quartered (optional)*
- 1 cup avocado, cubed (optional)*
- ¼ cup mint, coarsely chopped (optional)*
1. In a large serving bowl, combine watermelon, feta, cucumber*, avocado*, and mint*.
2. Pour over dressing, tossing to combine.
Or make your own salad dressing: Whisk together 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 3 tbsp lime juice, 1 tbsp honey, and a tiny pinch of salt.
3. Serve and garnish as you see fit.
If you need to prep ahead of time, you can slice up the watermelon and cucumber, mix up the dressing, and store each in the fridge in separate containers. Add the dressing and mix the salad together just a few minutes before serving.
This doesn’t keep well, overnight at best. But that won’t be a problem, because it’s so delicious there won’t be any left!